Miss me?

If I told you once, I've told you at least a thousand times that I am a busy girl. So get your fix of me while I'm not posting writing: check out my various tumblrs.

Click for shit i find online. or for personal Photography.

Thanks.

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Random: Awesoments, Hoffa and Tracks



There are these rare moments in my workday where there aren’t three million pending orders to be entered. The phone stops ringing, I clear my plate. These are the moments where I try to sneak in a bite to eat. These are the moments where I get to run amock through the internet and find amazing shit such as the Periodic Table of Awesoments. These are actually the very same elements that make up your dear dear writer. And I would know, because I’m me.



Via Dapperstache

and then sometimes I get lucky and I find design like this.
Check out that liquid table.



Today in history (or yesterday depending on your source), Jimmy Hoffa controversial convict-turned-labor leader, disappeared somewhere in Detroit. No one really know where he went, or what he did, but I like to think that he stumbled into a diner where he met a beautiful but overworked and underpaid waitress, with whom he fled the city with. They lived for years in a farmhouse, supplying the neighbors with fresh butter every month. Their love was epic.

Of course, this is me being crazy. And he probably got mugged, killed, and tossed into a lake. We honor his life or his death with corny music

Tom Lee - Ballad Of Jimmy Hoffa
Tim Wilson - Help Me Find Jimmy Hoffa


These guys, Plastilina Mosh, I really don’t know what to make of them. They are Mexican. They were formed in 1996. They have several albums out. They get nominated for awards. Me, I just like this song, and wanted to share it.

Plastilina Mosh - Arriba Dicembre

BONUS:
Black Heroes by Ratatat
Richie Spice And Ratatat- Marijuana
The Knife, "We Share Our Mother's Health" (Ratatat Remix)
Insomniac Olympics-Blockhead
Beer-Party Fun Action Committee

1 comments:

E. Bounds August 3, 2008 at 4:42 AM  

Ah, thank you for extolling the virtues of fine gentleman's humor with me! And especially thank you for the polite linkback. Nice site, I'd bump you back if I knew what the f I was doing.

- Edgar B.

About This Blog

My small contribution to wide world of sharing useless, random, pointless, yet interesting information across the web. A shameless plug for my awesomeness. A collection of random and amazing things.

I write reviews, I write stories, I write about my daily occurences, I complain about everything. I have a few blogs throughout the world, but this one is my favorite, mostly because it's mine.

Feel free to Email The Monster

Words Of Wisdom

Both reading and writing are acts of supreme faith. They are both, in essence, a call to grace, a belief in the miraculous - that we might come to see through stories what we had not previously seen, that we might come to understand what had, before that moment, remained uncertain, undefined. The mask of fiction, of writing and reading stories, does not, in the end, disguise our faces but instead reveals who we really are. In the, stories acknowledge life's difficulty and sadness but insist that we go on anyway, that we always hold to our faith, to our belief in grace.

- John Gregory Brown

  © Blogger template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008; Edits by Monster

Back to TOP