Miss me?

If I told you once, I've told you at least a thousand times that I am a busy girl. So get your fix of me while I'm not posting writing: check out my various tumblrs.

Click for shit i find online. or for personal Photography.

Thanks.

Friday, July 18, 2008

Random: Cell Phones in Korea


This morning, Kevin provided me with a link that took me a little bit by surprise. An article from Switched.com details Korea's plan to remove its ban on using a cellular phone. Tim Stevens Writes:

We take many freedoms for granted, like the freedom to own and use a cell phone. In some countries cell phone use is banned, most notably North Korea, where getting caught on a cell phone is a crime punishable by public execution. But, the restrictive nation is finally starting to lift the ban, allowing its citizens to carry mobile phones.

Cell phones have been banned in North Korea since a 2004 explosion in the city of Ryongchon. Their use fell under other bans that included the distribution of leaflets or contact with anyone outside of the country. The ban on cell phones will first be lifted in the capitol city of Pyongyang sometime this year, and then extended throughout the country later. Egypt's Orascom Telecom will provide wireless service.

Did you catch that? Public Execution. What amazes me isn't so much the fact that cell phone usage was banned, that's somewhat understandable, when you take into account the number of accidents and stupid mistakes that are caused every year because of careless people on cells. What amazes me is North Korea's way to set the example. Even with this ridiculously punished ban lifted I'm sure that people will continue to walk around in fear.

According to Donga, Its been 4 years since the ban was put into effect by the communist regime, and it was only on Feb 18 or this year that the government announced that starting with the country's capital, Pyongyang, and then extending into the rest of the rest country, it was now okay to use a cell.

I wonder how people deal with these issues. and How different life must be for them. I would be seriously angry at whatever god i worship if i got publicly killed because of being on a freakin cell phone.

Srsly.

0 comments:

About This Blog

My small contribution to wide world of sharing useless, random, pointless, yet interesting information across the web. A shameless plug for my awesomeness. A collection of random and amazing things.

I write reviews, I write stories, I write about my daily occurences, I complain about everything. I have a few blogs throughout the world, but this one is my favorite, mostly because it's mine.

Feel free to Email The Monster

Words Of Wisdom

Both reading and writing are acts of supreme faith. They are both, in essence, a call to grace, a belief in the miraculous - that we might come to see through stories what we had not previously seen, that we might come to understand what had, before that moment, remained uncertain, undefined. The mask of fiction, of writing and reading stories, does not, in the end, disguise our faces but instead reveals who we really are. In the, stories acknowledge life's difficulty and sadness but insist that we go on anyway, that we always hold to our faith, to our belief in grace.

- John Gregory Brown

  © Blogger template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008; Edits by Monster

Back to TOP