Miss me?

If I told you once, I've told you at least a thousand times that I am a busy girl. So get your fix of me while I'm not posting writing: check out my various tumblrs.

Click for shit i find online. or for personal Photography.

Thanks.

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Badass: Dead Birds and Entertainment



So this morning I get to work, and as is my routine when i do so, the first thing that i do, is pour myself a cup of coffee and walk out back to warehouse for my 'breakfast' smoke. Most days, this simple act is incredibly uneventful, and rarely merits mention in any of my conversations, let alone my writing.

What makes to today different you ask?

Well, when i opened the warehouse back door, staring up at me, from the floor, was a beautiful and serene albeit very dead dead bird. Its not exactly surprising that my new little avian friend met his match against our upper floor office windows (the crash spot smears were there to prove it), since 3.5 million birds die per year by crashing into windows and glass panes. And, no, the image is not the bird we found, because before i was able to take a picture, his feathery little carcass was thrown in our lagoon (why yes we do have a lagoon outback)and back into the circle of life as a hearty healthy meal for our little gators (yes, we have gators too).

Anywho, in case it hasn't been perceived yet, this post is absolutely pointless.
So to give it a point, Ill provide you fine readers with links and shit to some of the things that have been filling my life with joy and wonder, or whatever.

Fight Club: Pop-up Video Style
GraphJam - Fun with Graphs
Piss off your Junk Mailers
Full Arrested Devellopment Episodes
NOLAF
Cool Sculptures
Unexpected Photography
Turning firefox into a WA assault kit
Text to Mind Map Converter

neat.
Oh, and my favorite new image of the day:

0 comments:

About This Blog

My small contribution to wide world of sharing useless, random, pointless, yet interesting information across the web. A shameless plug for my awesomeness. A collection of random and amazing things.

I write reviews, I write stories, I write about my daily occurences, I complain about everything. I have a few blogs throughout the world, but this one is my favorite, mostly because it's mine.

Feel free to Email The Monster

Words Of Wisdom

Both reading and writing are acts of supreme faith. They are both, in essence, a call to grace, a belief in the miraculous - that we might come to see through stories what we had not previously seen, that we might come to understand what had, before that moment, remained uncertain, undefined. The mask of fiction, of writing and reading stories, does not, in the end, disguise our faces but instead reveals who we really are. In the, stories acknowledge life's difficulty and sadness but insist that we go on anyway, that we always hold to our faith, to our belief in grace.

- John Gregory Brown

  © Blogger template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008; Edits by Monster

Back to TOP