Miss me?

If I told you once, I've told you at least a thousand times that I am a busy girl. So get your fix of me while I'm not posting writing: check out my various tumblrs.

Click for shit i find online. or for personal Photography.

Thanks.

Monday, August 25, 2008

A Whole Other Week

This week marks my third and (hopefully) final return to being a student at the University of Central Florida. Taking Art of Cinema, Linguistics and Literature and the Advanced Fiction Writing workshop, writing for the O-Weekly, keeping my full time job puts me in an inevitably incredibly busy position. The nerd that nerd that I am, I started my reading assignments a week early, which gives me hope for the chance I may be able to cut myself some slack further down the road.

So I take this time now to ask for your forgiveness in what will be an inevitable drop in the frequency of my posts. But believe me, If there is anything in the sociolinguistic history of Mark Twain's The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn that I think you think you'd be interested in, I'll share without qualm. But for the most part, I'll be sure to keep this thing as lively and jumping as I can, because lord knows I don't need to bore you with my educational lessons.

Today also marks the first day of real, unobstructed sunshine since last Monday when little miss tropical storm decided to park its heavy ass over our heads here in central Florida. I welcome the sunshine, but could definately do without the humidity factor.

0 comments:

About This Blog

My small contribution to wide world of sharing useless, random, pointless, yet interesting information across the web. A shameless plug for my awesomeness. A collection of random and amazing things.

I write reviews, I write stories, I write about my daily occurences, I complain about everything. I have a few blogs throughout the world, but this one is my favorite, mostly because it's mine.

Feel free to Email The Monster

Words Of Wisdom

Both reading and writing are acts of supreme faith. They are both, in essence, a call to grace, a belief in the miraculous - that we might come to see through stories what we had not previously seen, that we might come to understand what had, before that moment, remained uncertain, undefined. The mask of fiction, of writing and reading stories, does not, in the end, disguise our faces but instead reveals who we really are. In the, stories acknowledge life's difficulty and sadness but insist that we go on anyway, that we always hold to our faith, to our belief in grace.

- John Gregory Brown

  © Blogger template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008; Edits by Monster

Back to TOP