Miss me?

If I told you once, I've told you at least a thousand times that I am a busy girl. So get your fix of me while I'm not posting writing: check out my various tumblrs.

Click for shit i find online. or for personal Photography.

Thanks.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I mean really? Are you kidding me?

A couple months ago I flipped my car onto its side, I wrote a magnificent little rant about how my serpentine belt broke two days after getting it back from the shop (and you can read that here). Well since then, it has continued to be nothing but a nightmare with my car, which finally gave up and called it quits with me yesterday.

This relationship with my 2006 Ford Focus has by far been one of the most fruitless, thankless, and difficult that I have ever had. Here is a vehicle, that was bought brand spanking new, with love care and the intention to commit and for what? because four days after I bought someone hit the front passenger side, 8 months after that someone hit the back passenger side. and now, as if that wasn't enough, the car gets a whole brand new driver side, on account of me having landed on it.

Fast forward to now, Ive put about 2000 of my own money into that car, my insurance company another 9 grand. The car itself is only worth about 8, and I still owe 14. but Fuck it.

This Friday, I'm going to get a new car. With absolutely no money to my name, with a clunker of a car that I'm not sure i can even start, Im going to drive out of that Toyota dealership with a brand new yaris. I'm going to pay the same, if not less, a month than I am paying now and everything will be amazing. If the world's previous experience with an angry, bitching Melanie has taught it anything at all, I hope it is the importance of not fucking with me when I'm pissed.

So in the end, as a result of my miserable yesterday, I dropped my Tuesday class and did all my homework for my other classes wrote out my interview with Black Kid's keyboardist Dawn Watley and began to devellop my overall strategy for the feature.

FTW. Thank you.

Steinski - What Was Raymond Doing With His Hands_ (A Soundtrack for a Real Swinger of a Nightmare)

0 comments:

About This Blog

My small contribution to wide world of sharing useless, random, pointless, yet interesting information across the web. A shameless plug for my awesomeness. A collection of random and amazing things.

I write reviews, I write stories, I write about my daily occurences, I complain about everything. I have a few blogs throughout the world, but this one is my favorite, mostly because it's mine.

Feel free to Email The Monster

Words Of Wisdom

Both reading and writing are acts of supreme faith. They are both, in essence, a call to grace, a belief in the miraculous - that we might come to see through stories what we had not previously seen, that we might come to understand what had, before that moment, remained uncertain, undefined. The mask of fiction, of writing and reading stories, does not, in the end, disguise our faces but instead reveals who we really are. In the, stories acknowledge life's difficulty and sadness but insist that we go on anyway, that we always hold to our faith, to our belief in grace.

- John Gregory Brown

  © Blogger template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008; Edits by Monster

Back to TOP