Miss me?

If I told you once, I've told you at least a thousand times that I am a busy girl. So get your fix of me while I'm not posting writing: check out my various tumblrs.

Click for shit i find online. or for personal Photography.

Thanks.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

'The Man Your Man Could Smell Like' or 'Old Spice and Wit'



It aired during the Superbowl, which in itself is a clever move, and has now become one of the most recognizable bits on youtube. Knowing full well that it's halftime in one of the nation's most watched sporting events, Old Spice clearly made a smart move. While 90% of the men in country have been shouting, jumping, fist pumping at the screen in a display of Neanderthalish fervor, the women in the country, who in most cases are also the purchasing authority for domestic goods, were treated to a game of their own.

The spot is clear in it's message: Ladies, when your man smells like a man, you get treated like a woman. Aside from being hilarious they become immediately highly effective.

Since launching its latest campaign with Mustafa, Old spice sales are up 107%. Look at that number again, now look at your profit margins, now look at that number again.
107%.

Pow. That's good marketing.

So it stands that sandwiched between pecs and sarcastic writing, is one of the most successful advertising campaigns I've seen hit the mainstream. In what has become a viral sensation, Isaiah Mustafa (whose name, by the way, screams manliness)delivers one of my favorite television performances since....

Bruce Campbell for Old Spice


More after the jump.....




Seriously, these things are smart. Old Spice commercials are seriously underrated.

These were all directed by none other than Tim and Eric all of which star Terry Crews:

Zoom:


Sun:


Flex


Block


Im pretty sure they drew some inspiration from Powerthirst.

More:

Old Spice Manly Test Commercial




Swagger


And btw, they're even awesome in print.

yup.

0 comments:

About This Blog

My small contribution to wide world of sharing useless, random, pointless, yet interesting information across the web. A shameless plug for my awesomeness. A collection of random and amazing things.

I write reviews, I write stories, I write about my daily occurences, I complain about everything. I have a few blogs throughout the world, but this one is my favorite, mostly because it's mine.

Feel free to Email The Monster

Words Of Wisdom

Both reading and writing are acts of supreme faith. They are both, in essence, a call to grace, a belief in the miraculous - that we might come to see through stories what we had not previously seen, that we might come to understand what had, before that moment, remained uncertain, undefined. The mask of fiction, of writing and reading stories, does not, in the end, disguise our faces but instead reveals who we really are. In the, stories acknowledge life's difficulty and sadness but insist that we go on anyway, that we always hold to our faith, to our belief in grace.

- John Gregory Brown

  © Blogger template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008; Edits by Monster

Back to TOP